Steam by Valve is the go-to storefront for everything PC gaming in the current year. Not only the application allows gamers to purchase titles and play off of them, but it also provides nifty features like cloud save and more.
While the storefront on a computer gets updated every so often, the mobile app hardly gets the same amount of love. However, with the tech giant currently being very proactive, they finally updated the mobile application.
Also Read: Steam Deck Available Without a Reservation
The revamped Steam Mobile app introduces some handy features while finetuning the existing ones. For starters, the newest addition to the mobile app are:
- QR code sign-in: Scan a QR code to sign into Steam instead of entering a password or Confirm your regular Steam sign-ins with a simple “approve” or “deny”.
- Manage access to the devices your account has signed in through device authorization.
- Remote download of games and updates on PC managed from the phone.
- Customizable Steam notifications: wishlist, sales, comments, trades, discussions, friend requests, and more.
For improvements on the existing features, the update brings:
- A revamped UI look that brings easy access to the Store, Community, News, etc.
- Revamped library with access to game content, discussions, guides, support, and more.
- Trade and Market confirmations to ensure items don’t leave accounts without approval.
- An improved Store browsing experience for mobile screens and support for using multiple accounts in the app.
- Customizable tabs.
Another major change to the existing app is the removal of the chat feature. Originally, the Steam Mobile app had chat built-in. Now, users have to download a separate app called Steam Chat to talk with their friends on the go.
The new Mobile update is live for Android and iOS phones on respective storefronts. Users can also download a standalone APK from Valve.