Resident Evil Village on Steam is broken after a new patch gets delivered. The new patch for the title makes the game unplayable for many users. The issue is currently only on the Steam version.
Capcom acknowledged the problem via their official Twitter and addressed it to the Resident Evil Village player base.
To all Resident Evil Village Steam players:
We're aware of an ongoing issue with the latest patch that's causing the game to crash for some users. We're currently looking into a fix, and apologize for any inconvenience caused!
— Resident Evil (@RE_Games) October 17, 2022
“We’re aware of an ongoing issue with the latest patch that’s causing the game to crash for some users”, the tweet read. “We’re currently looking into a fix, and apologise for any inconvenience caused!”
The team shared a fix for the bug on the game’s forum, where removing DLCs will fix the problem. We wrote the same down below.
How to Fix Resident Evil Village Bug
- Please locate the game within your Steam Library.
- Right-click it, and select “Properties.”
- Players then need to click on the DLC option on the pop-up.
- Please select the Additional Content (DLC) tab, and uncheck the box located beside the following DLC items: Winters’ Expansion and Street Wolf Outfit.
- The game should now work as normal.
The game will receive its first expansion called ‘Winters Expansion.’ Set to release on October 28, the DLC will introduce a new story called Shadows of Rose. Additionally, the DLC will introduce a third-person mode for Ethan and an update for the Mercenaries mode.
Resident Evil Village is available on PC, PlayStation and Xbox.