Far Cry 6 launch got a mixed reception from the entirety of the gaming community. The sixth mainline entry in the long-running FPS series by Ubisoft saw players traverse through an island nation. Ruled by a tyrant dictator, the goal was simple- liberate the island nation. Unfortunately, many claimed that the gameplay was anything but liberating.
Also Read: Call of Duty – Sledgehammer Games Developing Next Title
While many complained about the title, it seems Ubisoft believes that the game did well and warrants a new package release. Initially rumoured, Far Cry 6 Game of the Year Edition is a brand new collection by the publisher which includes:
- All Season Pass content the game previously introduced ( Insanity, Control, Collapse).
- The complete Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Classic Edition game.
- The Jungle Expedition Pack, the Croc Hunter Pack, and the Vice Pack. It gives players new pieces of gear and guns.
- All the free game updates the game received. It also includes a new Difficulty mode, Ammo Switch, Individual Loadouts, and more!
- Finally, the new upcoming expansion called Lost Between Worlds when released.
The upcoming expansion is yet to receive a release date or time, and is currently marked “coming soon”. Base Far Cry 6 owners have the option to upgrade to the new edition for an additional price of $60.
Far Cry 6 Game of The Year Edition is currently available for PC, PlayStation and Xbox for $119.99.