Far Cry 6 launch got a mixed reception from the entirety of the gaming community. The sixth mainline entry in the long-running FPS series by Ubisoft saw players traverse through an island nation. Ruled by a tyrant dictator, the goal was simple- liberate the island nation. Unfortunately, many claimed that the gameplay was anything but liberating.
While many complained about the title, it seems Ubisoft believes that the game did well and warrants a new package release. Initially rumoured, Far Cry 6 Game of the Year Edition is a brand new collection by the publisher which includes:
- All Season Pass content the game previously introduced ( Insanity, Control, Collapse).
- The complete Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Classic Edition game.
- The Jungle Expedition Pack, the Croc Hunter Pack, and the Vice Pack. It gives players new pieces of gear and guns.
- All the free game updates the game received. It also includes a new Difficulty mode, Ammo Switch, Individual Loadouts, and more!
- Finally, the new upcoming expansion called Lost Between Worlds when released.
The upcoming expansion is yet to receive a release date or time, and is currently marked “coming soon”. Base Far Cry 6 owners have the option to upgrade to the new edition for an additional price of $60.
Far Cry 6 Game of The Year Edition is currently available for PC, PlayStation and Xbox for $119.99.