Counter-Strike 2 beta is the highly anticipated sequel of CSGO, which is currently available online but with limited access to players. Valve, the game’s developers, have been issuing regular patch notes based on player feedback.
The most recent patch for Counter-Strike 2 was released on March 30, 2023. It mainly aims to address few of the most significant in-game issues that have been impacting players’ experiences in the beta.
Every change made with Counter-Strike 2 beta after March 30
- Multiple network traffic optimizations.
- Shooting random seeds are now correctly desynchronized between server and client code.
- Fixed positions of overhead labels and ping elements at different resolutions.
- Fixed halo around enemies to not give away their locations.
- Bomb code will now correctly clear when aborting the bomb plant.
- Fixed rare inspect animations to be rare and not every anim.
- Inspect then reload (“f”, “r”, “f”, “r”) more closely matches CS:GO behavior.
- Disabled all development console commands (including “cl_physics_highlight_active 5”).
- HE grenades no longer affect smokes through walls.
- Disabled collisions between ragdolls.
- Players will no longer drop weapons when getting a bonus weapon in Deathmatch.
- Trajectory preview for decoy grenades is now correct.
- Improved behavior of picking up weapons with the use key.
- Buy menu and scoreboard now allow movement while they have focus.
- Team intro allows voice chat.
- Keys will no longer get stuck when opening the steam overlay.
- Fixed many cases where user input would get confused.
- Multiple actions cannot be bound to one key.
Read more: Counter-Strike 2: Will the game be free?
- Adjustments to smoke grenade sound timing at a distance.
- Fixed a bug where flashbang or grenade sound effect would remain if player died while having that sound effect active.
- Added dedicated player-only sound when a grenade is correctly jump-thrown.
- Fixed chat wheel lines to be restricted to legitimate chat wheel lines that can be configured in game options.
- Fixed a hole in the wall.