Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is out for most platforms, gaining positive reception. The sequel to 2018’s Modern Warfare and reboot of 2008’s game of the same name, the title’s bringing back some of the fan-favourite characters.
While most of the title has experienced nothing but praise, some decisions by Activision have come under scrutiny. While the mandatory crossplay on PC and Xbox has riled up one part of the fanbase, the other part has put the publisher under scrutiny for the PlayStation exclusive bonus.
Firstly, pre-orders for the title on PS4 and PS5 through the PlayStation store get the player the Oni Operator Pack. However, it seems the platform players will get additional benefits, as per the PlayStation blog.
These exclusive benefits includes:
- Battle Pass Bundle Bonus: Players who purchase a Battle Pass Bundle will receive an additional 5-tier skip.
- Double XP Points: An exclusive Monthly Double XP event (24 hr duration).
- Combat Packs: A free in-game bundle every Modern Warfare 2 season. It will Include items such as an Operator Skin, Weapon Blueprint, Emblem and much more. Limited time only for PlayStation Plus members.
- PlayStation Party Bonus: PlayStation players that play together in parties receive a +25% bonus weapon XP. The bonus will count when playing with cross-platform teammates.
- Extra Loadouts: players get an additional two loadout slots on PlayStation. Available when Create-A-Class unlocks upon reaching Level 4.
For a change, Activision did not put an entire game mode exclusive on the PlayStation for Modern Warfare 2. Earlier, the Modern Warfare reboot made the Spec-Ops mode for the title exclusive on PlayStation for one whole year.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is officially available for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.