Great Axe is one of the double-handed weapons in the New World game. The primary attribute of the great axe is Strength. The primary attribute of the Great Axe is strength. The more damage you wanna do the more strength you gotta spec.
This is an in-depth guide that will explain each and every ability of the Great Axe weapon in the New World.
Ultimate Great Axe Guide
Great Axe has two ability trees:
Let us first have a look at the abilities in the Reaper tree
- Charge: Charge 10 meters dealing 120% weapon damage. Damage will be dealt with either when you run your character model into an enemy or you can cast it early by pressing LMB. This ability has a cooldown of 18.7 seconds.
- Frenzied Momentum: Charge now deals 120% to 140% weapon damage based on how far you have traveled. If you go farther you do more damage.
- Unpredictable Strike: During Charge, you can press the RMB to do a heavy swing attack dealing 140% to 165% weapon damage based on how farther you have traveled.
- Reap: Do a 5-meter pull dealing 110% weapon damage. This sits on a 16.8-second cooldown and is taunt gem compatible.
- The Collector: This ability increases the pull of Reap from 5 meters to 8 meters.
- Hunger: Heal yourself for 30% of the damage done by Reap.
- Fatal Attraction: After you pull you do a spin attack which deals 115% weapon damage.
- Execute A powerful overhead attack dealing 200% weapon damage. If the health of enemies is less than 50% it deals 300% weapon damage.
- Unstoppable Greed: The Execute ability gains grit during the attack which makes the Execute ability unstoppable.
- Executioner: Execute critical hits 100% of the time to enemies who are below 30% healthy.
- Bloodlust: Gain 30% movement speed and do 15% more damage when facing an enemy within 15 meters.
Passive abilities in Reaper tree
- Greed: Light attacks give you 5% more damage for 5 seconds. This ability can only be stacked three times.
- Executioner Speed: If you hit more than 2 targets with the light attack of the Axe it grants you 3 seconds of 20% haste. In layman terms, Haste means that we can move faster.
- Death’s Embrace: Attacks against enemies below 50% health penetrate the armor by 10%.
- Critical Gains: When you make a critical hit with the Axe, you heal yourself for 10% of the damage done.
- Frustration: When someone blocks your attack gain 15% damage for 10 seconds.
- Keen Edge: The critical damage is increased by 10%.
- Feed: Hitting enemies below 30% health heels us for 10% the damage done.
Now let us have a look at the abilities which are present in the Mauler tree
- Maelstorm: In this ability, the player performs a fast spinning attack which pulls enemies closer to you and deals 110% weapon damage. This ability has a 19.6-second cooldown.
- Storm’s Reach: This ability extends the reach of the Maelstorms pull range by 50%.
- Absorb: Consumes all projectiles while Maelstorm is active.
- No Reprieve: Maelstorm does an extra spin pulling in enemies closer and dealing 110% weapon damage which means know the player does 2 spins instead of 1.
- Whirlwind: In this ability, the player does a spin attack dealing 50% weapon damage. If you hit an enemy you spin again. The maximum number of spins is 4. The cooldown of this ability is 29.3 seconds.
- Gusting Winds: Maximum number of spins in the Whirlwind is increased to 7.
- Unending Winds: The movement speed of Whirlwind is increased by 50%.
- Surrounded: If you have 3 or more foes around you, you deal 30% more damage.
- Gravity Well: Throw an axe to create a vortex that pulls enemies to its center for 3 seconds. This ability ends with a damaging Burst which deals 125% weapon damage. The range of Gravity Well is 10 meters and the cooldown is 29.3 seconds.
- Crowded Well: Increase burst damage by 10% for each enemy caught in the vortex.
- Unyielding: Allies gain 10% Fortify while standing in your well. Fortify reduces damage.
- Mauler’s Fury: Great Axe attacks increase the damage by 3% for 3 seconds. This ability can be stacked up to 10 times.
Passive abilities in Mauler tree
- Mauler’s Resolve: If you get hit while holding a Great Axe and below 50% health you gain 40 Stamina. The cooldown of this ability is 20 seconds.
- Heavy Pull: Heavy attacks with the Great Axe pull enemies closer to you.
- Enduring Strike: This ability adds Grit to Great Axe Heavy Attacks and grants a 20% damage reduction while the heavy attack grit is active. Grit may be defined as stagger resistance that stops attacks from being interrupted by reactions.
- Gravity: After you cause a pull your enemy is held still 30% longer.
- Revenge: When you block an attack with the Great Axe you gain a 5% damage increase for 5 seconds. This ability can be stacked for a maximum of 3 times.
- Center of Attention: While holding a Great Axe gain 10% damage increase when 3 or 4 more enemies are within 4 meters.
- Crowded Protection: While holding a Great Axe gain 10% damage absorption when 3 or more enemies are within 4 meters.