Predictably, the latest IP from Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice developer has risen to the status of the most pivotal and game-changing move in the gaming industry other than the introduction of Unreal Engine 5. It’s hard to believe this was even a question.
FromSoftware as well as Game of Thrones alum George R.R. Martin have put their weight into this project. They could not, under any circumstances, do wrong here. Just last month, the developers issued a fresh update to the gameplay, which they’ve been tuning and optimizing for several weeks now that the Elden Ring has the time to settle on the summit of the plinth.
How does Elden Ring’s 1.03 update change things? Let’s find out.
Why Do I Need This Patch?
In a nutshell, this update not only fixed a slew of issues but also included a few new elements and tweaked a couple of gameplay aspects. In order to stay abreast of all the characters you encounter, the game has introduced a mapping function that allows you to see where each NPC is located. Utilizing the Mimic’s Veil ability, you may potentially disguise yourself as a variety of other things.
Both Mimic Tear Spirit Ashes, which summons a copy of the gamer’s avatar, and Hoarfrost Stomp Ash of War, which speedrunners love because of its tremendous harm and quick casting duration, have been nerfed dramatically in this release.
So, What’s In It?
Here’s the rundown of the major changes made by the devs.
1. Several New Elements Have Been Added
- Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
- Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
- Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
- Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
- Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
- Added night background music for some open field areas.
Have You Read: How to Get the Blade of Morne in the Lands Between
2. Update Has Likewise Fixed Many Glitches
- Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the player from obtaining items after the boss battle.
- Fixed a bug that causes the dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
- Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
- Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
- In a situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
- Fixed a bug that causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
- Fixed a bug that causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
- Fixed hang-ups on certain occasions.
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
- Fixed a bug that allows players to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
- Fixed a bug that causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have a different effect.
- Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination, and Royal Knight’s Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
- Adjusted the visual effect of the Unseen Form spell.
- Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in the previous patch.
- Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
- Fixed a bug that causes the incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
- Fixed a bug that causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
- Fixed bugs that cause incorrect visuals and behavior for some enemies.
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameters for some armor.
- Text fixes.
- Other performance improvements and bug fixes.
3. Balance Changes
- Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
- Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop lineup.
- Increased shield’s effectiveness.
- Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
- Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spray mist.
- Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
- Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
- Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
- Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
- Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Great bow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
- Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
- Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp’s damage, and increased cast time.
- Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash’s self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
- Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night, and Flame’s damage.
- Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
- Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
- Decreased the damage to the spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
So, does this fix the issues you were facing, don’t forget to tell us in the comments.