Hatchet is one of the single-handed weapons in New World game. The primary attribute of the Hatchet is Strength. So the more damage you want to do the more points you should have in Strength. The Secondary attribute of the Hatchet is Dexterity.
The Hatchet’s light attack has a 4 auto-attack chain, in which the 4th attack does slightly more damage than the previous 3 attacks. The Heavy attack comprises of an uppercut.
Ultimate Hatchet Guide
There are 2 ability trees of the Hatchet
Let us have a look at the abilities which are present in the Berserker Tree
This ability triggers a berserk mode that increases all attack damage by 20% while it is active. This ability lasts for 12 seconds. The cooldown of this ability is 17.6 seconds and this ability is taunted gem compatible.
- On the Hunt: Increases movement speed by 20% while Berserker’s ability is active.
- Berserking Refresh: While Berserk is active, gain a portion of your health back every 4 seconds to a max of 30% of your max HP.
- Berserking Purge: Triggering Berserk removes all Crowd Control effects from the player. Stuns, Slows, and Roots effects are removed.
- Uninterruptible Berserk: While in Berserk, your attacks are uninterruptible and you can’t be staggered.
- Feral Rush: A sprinting melee attack that causes the player to leap forward. There are two hits, the first hit does 115% weapon damage while the second ability does 130% weapon damage.
- Dispatch: If the target is below 30% health, Feral Rush deals 20% more damage.
- Crippling Strikes: If Feral Rush hits a target in the back, it causes Root which immobilizes the target for 2 seconds.
- Raging Torrent: Perform four fast attacks which deal 90% weapon damage. The cooldown on this ability is 14.7 seconds.
- Aggressive Approach: Hitting a target with Raging Torrent grants Haste which increases movement speed by 20% for 6 seconds.
- Final Blow: Press light attack at the end of Raging Torrent to deal a final attack dealing 120% weapon damage.
- Defy Death: When you receive lethal damage instead of dying go to 50 HP and become immortal for 3 seconds.
Now let us have a look at the passive abilities which are present in the Berserker Tree
- Enraged Strikes: If the target is below 30% health, light and heavy attacks deal 20% more damage.
- Accumulated Power: After 3 successful light attacks against the same target you gain Empower which grants a 30% damage increase for 3 seconds.
- Relentless Fury: After a successful heavy attack you gain Empower which grants a 30% damage increase for 3 seconds or after 4 attacks.
- Desperate Refresh: All cooldowns are reduced by 2% when hitting an enemy with an attack while your HP is below 30%.
- Against All Odds: Increase base damage by 10% for every enemy within 5 meters of the player.
- Fortifying Strikes: Hitting the same target with 3 light attacks grants Fortify, increasing damage absorption by 15% for 3 seconds.
- Frenzied Purge: When hitting an enemy while your health is below 30% it removes all Bleed, Burn and Poison DoT effects from the player. This sits on a cooldown of 60 seconds.
Now let us have a look at the abilities which are present in the Throwing Tree
Rending Throw: Throw an ax that deals 110% weapon damage and apply Rend which reduces the target’s damage absorption by 10% for 10 seconds.
- Targeted Impact: Rend is increased to 15% if further than 8 meters from the target.
- Opportunistic: Rending throw deals an additional 20% damage if the target already has an active Debuff.
- Second Wind: Using Rending Throw on a target with an active debuff reduces ability cooldown by 20%.
- Social Distancing: In this ability, the player throws the ax forward and the player dodges backward which causes 130% weapon damage and it also slows the target by 15% for 3 seconds.
- Quick Power: Player movement speed increased to 30% for 3 seconds if ability hits a target with an active debuff.
- Stay Back: The slow movement speed effect increased to 25% for 4 seconds.
- Infected Throw: In this ability, the player throws an ax which deals 150% weapon damage and it also triggers Disease and weakens the target for 5 seconds. The disease reduces the target’s heating efficiency by 30%. Weaken reduces target damage by 10%.
- Mortal Power: If the target is below 30% health the duration of Disease and Weaken is increased to 8 seconds.
- Aerial Transmission: Creates a 3-meter disease AOE on Impact that lingers in place for 3 seconds.
- Persistent Hindrance: Successful throwing ax hits extends all hatchet debuff durations by 30%.
Now let us have a look at the passive abilities which are present in the Throwing Tree:
- Aimed Throw: Replaces block with an Aimed Throw that deals 95% weapon damage. Hold RMB to enter Aimed stance. Each throw consumes 20 stamina.
- Critical Throw: Thrown axes are now capable of triggering headshot or random critical hits. It also increases the critical hit chance of all attacks by 5%.
- On fire: Every 3rd successfully thrown ax is a guaranteed Crit.
- Rejuvenating Crits: Successful critical hits with Light attacks or Aimed Throws regenerate 10 stamina.
- Refreshing Throws: Thrown Hatchets against targets with an active debuff reduce all cooldown by 5%.
- Exploitation: All attacks deal 15% additional damage to targets with an active debuff.
- Boot and Rally: Light attacks and Aimed Throws regenerate 10 Stamina when hitting targets with an active debuff.
- Adrenaline Rush: Dodging within 2 seconds of triggering an ability consumes 25% less stamina.