Musket is one of the double-handed ranged weapons in the New World game. Musket scales of Dexterity so the more damage you wanna do the more dextrous you gotta spec. The Musket also has secondary scaling with Intelligence. The reload time of the Musket is two seconds.
The Musket can be fired in a multitude of ways like you can Aim Down Sight, Hip Fire, Fire while crouching, and Fire while you are prone.
Ultimate Musket Guide
Let us first have a look at the abilities in the Sharpshooter tree
- Power Shot: OverLoad musket with gun powder, causing the next shot to deal 150% Weapon Damage. This ability does not stack or combine with other overload shots. This sits on a 14-sec cooldown.
- Initial Engagement: Get a 10% Damage boost for 5 seconds after landing power shoot.
- First Blood: Get a 10% damage boost against targets with full health
- Bullseye: Headshots reduce this cooldown by 15% which will knock off around 2.1 seconds for a total of around 11.9 seconds.
- Powder burn: Overload musket with gun powder causing the next shot to deal 110% weapon damage. It also causes a burn status effect that deals 20% weapon damage per second for 9 seconds. This sits on a 14 seconds cooldown.
- Backdraft: Standard Musket shots deal 12% additional damage while the target is on fire.
- Chronic Trauma: If powder burn is a headshot extend the burn duration to 13 seconds.
- Shooter Stance: Kneel down and focus while in this stance you can fire up to 3 bullets and each bullet will do 100% weapon damage. Reload time is reduced by 75% which means it takes us half a second to reload our gun while using this ability. This sits on an 18.7-second cooldown.
- Shoot More: Shots fired before exiting stance increased to five which means in shooter stance ability we can shoot five bullets instead of three.
- Marksman: If 3 consecutive shots hit the same target, reduce all other Musket cooldowns by 25%.
- Sniper: This adds an optional 3x zoom when you aim down sight. This also grants a 15% damage increase to all Headshots.
Passive abilities in Sharpshooter Tree
- Critical Reload: Landing 3 headshots with 5 seconds of each other grants an instant reload.
- Called Shot: Increase Musket damage by 5% if aimed down sight for more than 3 seconds.
- Greater Accuracy: Hipfiring is more accurate because the accuracy penalty is removed.
- Empowering Headshot: Hitting a headshot grants empower for 5 seconds which increases damage by 10% for 5 seconds.
- Ballistic Advantage: Remove damage falloff for Musket shots hitting targets over 50 meters away.
- Called Shot Resupply: Standard attack headshots reduce all musket ability cooldowns by 10%.
- Heightened Precision: While aiming, successful hits with a Musket grant a stackable 2.5% damage increase. The stacking bonus goes away if you haven’t shot for 5 seconds or you let go of Aim Down Sight.
- Hit Your Mark: Your crits deal increased damage the farther the target is from you for a max of 15% at up to 100 meters away.
Now let us have a look at the abilities which are present in Trapper Tree:
- Traps: Throw a trap that lasts for 20 seconds. If the enemy walks over it they get rooted for 3 seconds. This sits on an 18.7 cooldown.
- Trapped Damage: Traps apply Rend to target increasing damage to trapped targets by 20% for 3 seconds.
- Scent of Blood: Regen 100% of weapon damage done as health when dealing damage to trapped targets.
- Double Trap: Increase the number of traps to 2.
- Stopping Power: Overload musket with gun powder, causing the next shot to deal 120% weapon damage, staggering target and knocking them back 3 meters. This sits on a 16.8-second cooldown.
- Lasting Impression: Targets hit with Stopping Power are Exhausted; reducing stamina regeneration speed by 10% for 8 seconds.
- Supplementary Repulsion: Targets hit with Stopping Power are slowed by 10% for 8 seconds.
- Sticky Bomb: A bomb that can be thrown a short-range and sticks to anything it makes contact with. The bomb detonates after 3 seconds of impact which deals 175% Weapon Damage to all targets within 3 meters.
This sits on an 11.2-sec cooldown.
- Unflinching Walk: Sticky bomb grants 40 Stamina when it deals damage with an explosion.
- Sticky Slow: Direct hits with the Sticky Bomb cause the target to be slowed by 15% for 3 seconds.
- Lethal Combo: Increase Musket damage by 20% against targets affected by Trapper Tree status effect.
Passive abilities in Trapper Tree
- Salt on the Wounds: Do 10% more damage to targets that are below 30% health.
- Back It Up: Walking/Strafing movement speed increased by 10% when an enemy is within 8 meters.
- Weakened Defence: Increases the stamina damage from standard shots dealt to enemies blocking with shields by 50 and deal 10% of Armour Penetration to targets that aren’t blocking with a shield.
- Empowering Weakness: Hitting a target with an active debuff trigger empower which causes the damage to be increased by 5% for 5 seconds.
- Hustle: Gain 10% haste for 3 seconds after every dodge.
- Tactical Reload: Dodging reloads the musket. This can only be triggered once every 6 seconds.
- Energy Burst: Attacking a target with an active debuff restores 5 stamina.
- Kick ’em when they’re down: Deal 10% extra damage to targets with an active crowd control status effect.