When and How should you play Viper on Fracture?
Before delving into the intricacies of Viper‘s gameplay, let’s briefly discuss her kit. Her basic abilities include Snakebite, a toxic projectile that damages and applies vulnerability to enemies caught in its area of effect, and Poison Cloud, a gas emitter that creates toxic smokescreens. Viper’s signature ability is Toxic Screen, a long wall of gas that can be deployed to block vision and damage enemies. Her ultimate ability is Viper’s Pit, which creates a large poison cloud that causes enemies to decay and obscures vision for enemies within its radius.
Viper excels as a versatile pick for the Fracture defense side of the battlefield. Given the two distinct locations, I will provide advice separately for each section:
- Create barriers and block off important passageways with Viper’s Toxic Screen feature to prevent attackers from accessing certain regions. You can use this to block off Arcade Tower and go into the B link.
- You can also use the aforementioned ability from Dish if you’re going to A to block off any enemies from CT till A hall.
- Utilize Viper’s Snake Bite to damage and restrict enemy movement, establishing denial zones and preventing aggressive pushes in A and B main.
- Utilize Viper’s Poison Cloud ability to assert dominance, restricting opponent visibility and impeding their progress. Place it strategically to block entry points like A drop or B arcade.
- Utilize Viper’s ultimate to retake sites with its wide area of effect and decaying enemy health. Keep in mind that Viper’s pit dissipates if she dies. Cover the A tower to deny the enemy access to the spike site
Viper excels in aggressive engagements by effectively utilizing her abilities to create walls, enabling the attacking team to manipulate defender rotations. She can also apply toxic decay to opponents and create a poisonous environment, granting the team a considerable advantage. Similarly, I will offer guidance in this aspect.:
- Poison Cloud may be picked up and repositioned using Fuel as you adjust your tactics on the go. You can use this if your cloud can be picked up safely in case of rotating into another site.
- Deploy Snake Bite projectiles strategically to damage and delay enemies attempting to defuse the spike. Learn lineups to effectively target defusers, potentially eliminating them or buying valuable time.
- Use Poison Cloud to block access to certain places. Use it when entering sites, and block off enemy entries such as A link and drop. And as for B, you can use it to block off Gen and/or Canteen.
- Use Toxic Screen to control enemy movement and block their vision with toxic barriers. Combine it with Poison Cloud to render enemy vision useless and create opportunities for your duelists to secure frags.
- Activate Viper’s Pit for reduced visibility and continuous damage in a large toxic cloud. Use it after you have planted or even to secure a plant site and get into cover.
Also Read: Sentinel Tarik Settings in Valorant?
Viper excels as a Controller agent with her unique abilities to create toxic hazards and manipulate the battlefield. Viper’s Poison Cloud can hinder and damage enemies, while her Toxic Screen creates barriers that block vision. Her versatile skills make Viper an invaluable asset in any team composition, providing control and disruption to the enemy’s plans.